Home - Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are the standard terms which apply to the provision of all Goods and Services by us, The Copper Pantry,
whose office address is at The Copper Pantry, 64 Montague Road, Hucknall, Nottingham, NG15 7DU (â€œthe Companyâ€).
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms have the following meanings:
Consumer means a consumer as defined by the Consumer Rights Act 2015;
Contract means the contract into which you and we will enter if you purchase Goods and/or Services via our Website.
The Contract will incorporate, and be subject to, these Terms and Conditions;
Customer means you, the party accepting our online pricing or placing an order with us;
Goods means the Goods which are to be supplied by us to you as specified in your Order (and confirmed in our Order Confirmation);
Materials means the materials required for the provision of the Services which we will supply;
Order means your order for Goods or Services;
Property means the property, as detailed in the Quotation, at which our Services are to take place or be delivered to;
Website means www.thecopperpantry.co.uk
- Each reference in these Terms and Conditions to:
a, "the company", "we", "us" and "our" means the Company (The Copper Pantry) and includes all our employees, agents and sub-contractors;
b, "you" and "your" means the Customer;
c, "writing" and "written" includes emails and text messages;
d, a statute or provision of a statute is a reference to that statute or provision as amended or re-enacted at the relevant time; and
e, "these Terms and Conditions"is a reference to these Terms and Conditions.
- The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
- Words signifying the singular number will include the plural and vice versa. References to any gender will include the other gender. References to persons includes corporations.
- The Contract
- These Terms and Conditions govern the sale of all Goods by us and will form the basis of the Contract between you and us.
If you wish to place an Order with us, our Website will guide you through the ordering process.
- Our website may give you the option to choose a delivery date and/or time for the Goods, we will do our best to honour that date,
but it does not guarantee we can accomodate your chosen date and time. We will contact you and arrange another date and time if we cant accomodate it.
- Before submitting your Order to us, you will be given the opportunity to review and amend it.
Please ensure that you have checked your Order and that you have read these Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting it,
ticking the box to say â€˜I have read and understood the terms & conditionsâ€™ and making payment.
If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
- No part of our Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your Order constitutes a contractual offer that we may, at our sole discretion, accept.
- We then send an Invoice confirmation to you by email; Invoice Confirmations will be provided in writing and will contain the following information:
- Confirmation of the Goods ordered with fully itemised pricing including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery (where applicable) and other additional charges;
- An Invoice number to be used in any future correspondence
- Our identity and contact details;
- The delivery date(s) and estimated time(s), where applicable.
- Our acceptance is indicated by us sending you a Delivery Confirmation by email. Only once we have sent you a Delivery Confirmation will there be a legally binding Contract between you and us.
- It is your responsibility to provide the correct email address upon placing an order. We cannot take responsibility for the non-delivery of a confirmation or dispatch email should you email address be incorrect.
- If we, for any reason, do not accept or cannot fulfil your Order, and we have taken payment, any such sums will be refunded to you as soon as possible (in any event, within 14 days).
- Once your Order has been accepted as detailed in clause 2.5, it is your responsibility to notify us of any incorrectly entered order details during checkout.
- Description and Specification of Goods
- We are not the manufacturer of all of the Goods sold and we have made every reasonable effort to ensure that the Goods conform to the photographs and descriptions provided in our sales and marketing literature and on our Website.
We cannot, however, guarantee that all photographs and descriptions will be precisely accurate.
- If the Goods are not available, the provisions of clause 2.9 will apply.
- Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods will be that shown on our Website at the time of your Order. Our prices may change at any time but these changes will not affect any Orders that we have already accepted.
- All Goods are priced in pounds sterling (Â£GDP) and may exclude delivery charges which will be applied at checkout before you complete your order.
- The ordering process will prompt you to choose your options.
- We have made every reasonable effort to ensure that our prices, as shown in our current sales and marketing literature and on our Website are correct. If we find, or are made aware of, any typographical,
clerical or other accidental errors or omissions in our sales and marketing literature or on our Website, we will make every reasonable effort to correct such errors or omissions as soon as is reasonably possible
- If there is an obvious pricing error on our Website, we will be under no obligation to provide the Goods to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation, if the price error is unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing.
Prices will be checked when we process your Order.
- Delivery charges may be included in the price of the Goods on our Website. Delivery costs, where free delivery is not available, and any related charges will be presented to you as part of the Order process via the postcode checker. Payment for the Goods and any related delivery charges must
always be made at the time of Order and you will be prompted to pay during the Order process.
- All payments made via the Website will go through a secure payment gateway. We accept Visa Credit, Visa Elecetron, Visa Debt, American Express, MasterCard and PayPal.
No credit or debit card information is provided to us and completion of the transaction will be subject to you agreeing to PayPals terms and conditions. A separate contractual relationship is created between you and PayPal and we cannot be held liable for any errors, actions, omissions or incorrect charges that may be made by Paypal.
- We do not accept liability if delivery of Goods is delayed because you have provided us with incorrect payment details.
- If it is not possible to obtain payment for the Goods using the payment details you have provide, your order will be rejected.
- Invoices must be paid by the due date in the terms stated on the invoice.
- If payment isnt made by that date your order will be treated as cancelled, and it is the customers reponsibility to ask for a Credit Note/refund where applicable.
- If the invoice has been made via PayPal, then see Terms on "Refunds and Credits"
- Refunds and Credits
- By placing any order with the company, then customer must accept that the company will buy stock to make the order.
As the items are mostly fresh perishable food then the customer must be liable for any costs of stock and/or production already made by the company.
- Where payment(s) have been made via the website or over social media messaging and that payment(s) have been made more than 48 hours before delivery;
- Refunds in this instance shall only be issued if the customer cancels no later than 12 hours prior to delivery on all orders.
- If the customer cancels later than 12 hours before delivery but before 2 hours before delivery than the customer must forefit 50% of the payment made.
- If the customer cancels later than 2 hours before delivery upto and including the time of delivery then the customer shall forefit 100% of the payment made.
- All refunds via PayPal will be minus the fee charged to us via PayPal which as of 28/05/2021 is 2.9% + 30p on each transaction. This ammount is set by PayPal and not us and is subject to change at any time.
- Where payment(s) have been made via the website or over social media messaging, over the phone, or via invoice or any other way, with the exception of third party apps
and that payment(s) have been made bank transfer or cash or other method that has incured no costs to the company;
- Refunds in this instance shall only be issued if the customer cancels no later than 12 hours prior to delivery on all orders
- If the customer cancels later than 12 hours before delivery but before 2 hours before delivery than the customer must forefit 50% of the payment made, a refund of 50% of the total payment made will be made back to the customer.
- If the customer cancels later than 2 hours before delivery upto and including the time of delivery then the customer shall forefit 100% of the payment made, no refund can or will be accepted.
- All refunds that have been paid via any way where we have incured no costs will be charged a handling fee of Â£5 or 5% of the total value, whichever is higher.
- Credit Notes shall be issued where payment is via an invoice but will be minus the handling fee which will still be due
- Any orders over the value of £50 that have been paid that need to be resceduled by the customer, must be resceduled no less than 24 hours prior to delivery. In this instance no refund will be made.
- Any orders over the value of £50 that have been paid that need to be resceduled by the customer, but have been resceduled less than 24 hours prior to delivery will incur a 50% additional charge at our own discression.
- All refunds may take upto 28 days from the point of canceling an order to us processing the refund regardless of how the payment has been made
- Local Deliveries
- There ia a compulsary option to use our Pick a day and time delivery service. The postcode inputted must match your delivery address.
- We will try and accomodate the time you have requested for delivery, but could be anytime during busy periods. We will try and contact you on day of delivery to make you aware if we are going to be late.
- Should your Order not arrive by the estimated delivery date, you should contact us as soon as possible so we can investigate.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with full and correct delivery address details.
If the goods cannot be delivered due to an incorrect or incomplete address, you will be charged the full delivery cost to re-deliver your order
to a corrected address and any reasonable additional costs for the cost of the re-delivery
- We dont deliver any products ourselves, we use outsorced delivery companies and their agents, and are subject to their terms and conditions.
- We cant be held resonsible for outsourced delivery companies delays, or their handling of the goods. Goods are sent at your own risk.
- Before the delivery of the goods, please ensure that there is sufficient access and space.
If delivery cannot take place and the driver does not feel that it is safe or possible to do so, you will be charged the full delivery cost and the contract may be treated as cancelled.
- If no one is available at your delivery address to receive the Goods, we reserve the right to return and dispose of the goods in accordance with safe food handling requirements and will forefit any monies paid.
- Delivery will be deemed to have taken place when the Goods have been delivered to the delivery address indicated in your Order and you (or someone identified by you) have taken physical possession of the Goods.
- Nationwide Deliveries
- Terms will be added on or before when this feature becomes active.
- Customers Responsibilities
You are responsible for:
- Booking and paying for an order/goods/services with us no later than 24 hours before delivery is due.
- Ensuring that we can access the Property at the agreed times to deliver the goods and/or provide the Services;
- If applicable; Providing electricity, gas and water, at no cost to us, to enable us to complete the Services required.
- Ensuring that access is granted in the event of access being required to neighbouring land and we shall not be held liable for any delays arising out of your inability to gain access
- If you fail to comply with any of your responsibilities outlined in clauses above, we will not be held liable for any delays as a result and we reserve the right to recover any costs incurred by us, such as for storage of materials or non-productive visits to the property.
- Any variations must be agreed in writing before we will proceed with the works. Any price variation shall become due for payment to us in accordance with our payment terms as detailed in clause 4.
- We welcome feedback from our customers and, while we always use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your experience as a customer of ours is a positive one, we nevertheless want to hear from you if you have any cause for complaint. Abusive behaviour shall not be tolerated and please make any complaint to us in writing.
- Events Outside of Our Control (Force Majeure)
- We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under these Terms and Conditions where the failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: adverse weather, power failure, strikes or other industrial action by third parties, acts of terrorism or war, or any other event that is beyond our reasonable control.
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of the breach or negligence or if it is contemplated by you and us when the Contract is entered into. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable
- We accept no liability in respect of the following:
- Loss or damage due to causes beyond our control including, but not limited to, accident, storm, flood, neglect, misuse, faults or premature deterioration which results from your failure to comply with our instructions;
- Deliberate or accidental damage and/or misuse of the Goods;
- Damage or deterioration arising out of normal wear and tear.
- All allegen information can be provided upon request
- You must make us aware on any allergies/dietary requirements upon booking, as we will not be held responsible for any illness due to misinformation provided by the 'consumer'
- Data Protection
- All personal information that we may collect will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and any amendments thereto. We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
- Other Important Terms
- The Contract is between you and us. It is not intended to benefit any other person or third party in any way and no such person or party will be entitled to enforce any provision of the Contract.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of the Contract or these Terms and Conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
- Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to the Contract or these Terms and Conditions (whether contractual or otherwise) will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.